2011/12/01

SRAM or Campagnolo



Yes I know SRAM just teased us with the next generation Red group but from what I could make of it, it's mostly just a lighter and refined group, still 10 speeds, still mechanical (not that is a bad thing though), hydraulic discs are not yet planned as part of the group from the start but it will still be a great improvement with promised better front shifts with no need for trim, cx friendly XX-style cassettes, customizable lever hood padding and maybe Magura HS-33 style hydraulic braking for TT bikes (makes you wonder if the same levers, if not only available for aero bars, could be mated to XX disc calipers to install on the SuperX disc-ready cross frame)...

But I think I may jump back in Campagnolo for my next road bike. The company has more soul, is the most durable and I love the Ergo levers. I'd stay with the mechanical Super Record though, not the EPS. Here is a visit of the Campagnolo factory. This ain't a chinese factory.

No comments: