2010/09/20

SuperX wins on first try



That didn't take long! Tim Johnson did his part to give Cannondale a very successful weekend by winning the very first two races he did on his new Cannondale SuperX (which, along with the rest of the 2011 range should be officially online any day now) in Vermont. He was not alone though, Vincenzo Nibali got the most important victory of his young career by winning this year's Vuelta. That makes a very good season for the italian who was also pretty impressive in the Giro. It also gives Cannondale it's second Grand Tour win of the year. Two out of three, not bad! Continuing the winning ways for Liquigas was Francesco Chicchi who sprinted to the Gran Premio Città di Modena win, perhaps his last win for the team. In the USA, Jeremiah Bishop continued to rule the endurance stage race scene by winning every stage and thus the overall of the Pisgah Stage Race... Wheeew.

Yesterday, I was too racing on a Cannondale although, as expected, I didn't win. In fact I expected to suffer a lot in my first cyclocross race of the year and suffer I did. I had not practiced barriers at all and my training is really lacking. I had a slow start but eventually found my pace, not the fastest but I had some fun and I was surprisingly quite smooth and fast over barriers, I just didn't have the legs to avoid getting lapped by the elite guys. I'm fine with it though, I think only the guys ending on the podium lapped me so...

Next weekend, I'm doing a double, a road race on saturday and a very un-technical mountain bike race on sunday (probably more of a recovery ride). We'll see how that goes, I don't have a real objective, just trying to enjoy myself and see how the legs go.

No comments: