2010/09/03

Getting CX-ready



We may just had a suffocatingly hot week but cold days are ahead. That means cyclocross is too. So I'm giving my cross bike some love. I will have the luxury to pedal with a Hollowgram SL this year. I will be slapping that beauty with new chainrings as well. I hesitated between going with a 1x10 setup but as I use the bike for gravel/dirt road rides and much more, I decided to stick with two rings... that and also because I was advised to do so by the bike's previous owner, a certain multiple time US CX champion, he must know a thing or two about cross setups... I will use a 38/46 combo.

I also have some Eggbeaters 3, new chain and cassettes and, again in the luxury theme, two wheelsets for that bike, for now one with cross tires and one with roadies for training, warming up and well, because my cross tire bank only has a single spare tire for now. With that, more details will come soon about weekly (or more) cross practice evenings in Sherbrooke but it should start this coming week. If you are from the area and want to join in, don't hesitate to contact me.

3 comments:

Guillaume Morin said...

Where are going to take place these trainings ?

Dan Gerous said...

I have to check a few parks and school in Sherbrooke... Parc St-Alphonse looks like a good spot, not flat and there is a grassy section that doesn't interfere with other park users... I still have to build two portable barriers. I'd like to have a grassy climb for some short intervals (20-30sec) and setup a mini cross course to do 2-3 minutes laps as intervals also...

Pete said...

our bike shop brings stakes and string to make barriers. they're stored in a messenger bag that gets passed around week to week. the person that has it gets to make the course.