2010/05/10

Back to Italy



Well, it's been rough for the Giro peloton in the Netherlands. Lots of crashes, I'm sure a lot of racers are happy to go back to Italy. For the GC guys, Evans had a good start, even ending up accidentally into the Maglia Rosa, then lost a bit of time today but nothing too bad. Sastre on the other hand lost time on every stages so is the biggest loser of the GC favorites so far.

Vino leads. Basso is not too badly placed as is Nibali if he is riding for GC. Garzelli, Scarponi are well placed too as is Linus Gerdmann but I don't see these three being able to fight for the overall win.

Next up is the team time trial. Liquigas should be good, Astana too and I had doubts about the strength of BMC, well I still do but not for the TTT with Evans and Bookwalter. Unfortunatly, I expect Sastre to lose some more time. I first saw Sastre as the favorite to win, not so anymore. I think ex Cannondale mountain biker Cadel could very well win his first Grand Tour.

No comments: