2010/03/07

Italian speedster



Marco Aurelio Fontana is having a great year so far. He won the Italian CX Championships so will wear the tricolor jersey in cyclocross and mountain bike races for the season. By finishing many times 2nd and finally winning the last XC race of the Maremma Cup, he clinched the overall of the famous early season training... Huuuh, I mean race.

Do I have influence on the Cannondale Factory Racing setups? Notice Marco's yellow shoes and he too was using a single chainring and a lightly rising bar... The setup of choice of Adam Craig and Geoff Kabush has crossed the Atlantic.

8 comments:

Nathan B said...

next thing we'll see is the Euro racers running 29" wheels!!!

Dan Gerous said...

I don't know, do they drink Kool-Aid in Europe? ;)

Jonas l said...

No way we will ride 29ers. :D Mavic Fury is the best, simple. And Yellow is the best colour, so boring in black

Dan Gerous said...

I don't see 29er happening in Europe either. They're still very rare in Canada too. I think 29ers are a very american thing. Most people in the US like everything big: bike wheels, SUVs, houses, breasts...

Pete said...

as an american, i resent the above stereotypes... except big boobs :D

Old Man Dave said...

As a non American i agree with Pete

Carl Buchanan said...

I agree with Pete....about the last part at least. ;)

I'm content with my 26" wheels too but, not sold on the yellow shoes yet. I'm still rolling with white shoes off road and orange on the road. Jonas is right about the shoes, black shoes are boring.

Jonas l said...

I'm using black shoes but with shoecovers so. ;) About Fontanas bike his stem seems really nice. Leonardi Racing.