2010/02/22

Stop and go



This weekend, the cyclocross season came to a stop with the last GVA Trophee race. The race was won in fine fashion by Bart Wellens who must be much fresher than those who raced every week since the start of the season. Sven Nys took the overall and it was Erwin Vervecken's last race of his illustrous career. So that concludes a great cross season. Riders of the year? Štybar of course but in North America, I would have to go with Tim Johnson.

But with one thing stopping, another is starting. Mountain bikers are racing again. This weekend was the Cyprus Sunshine Cup and the event really lived up to it's name. Let's hope for more sun this summer.

As for me? I was lazy and didn't train much the last few days, a little cold and a lack of sleep left me a bit under-energized. I did play with my new SuperSix though, tweeking the fit, swapping some parts, I can't wait to hit some nice roads.

No comments: