2010/02/10

Norge training



I can't believe that with Team Sky's gigantic budget, Edvald Boasson Hagen stays in Norway during his winter training... or that they didn't fit his bike with an ice-melting, road-drying flame-thrower device activated from a bar-mounted button. Nice to see some top pros training like I do, I'm just missing the heated shoes.

To be honest, I'm not that surprised. One thing I noticed when I went to Norway is that most people embrace winter, they try to make the most of it with a positive attitude. If you live in a country with a real winter, you gotta live with the conditions. It was quite the culture shock as most people here in Canada have the opposite attitude, complaining about the snow, the cold, cursing from November to April even though they get even more snow in Norway. But they smile with cold induced red cheeks. Canadians fight against their winter, Norwegians live theirs.

No comments: