2009/07/01

Picture of the day



Today is a national holiday in Canadaland. I had in mind heading to Bromont with Nic and Andy to pre-ride the Quebec/Canada/World Cup race course but for some odd reason, they closed the area where the race loop is for the day. Maybe the bad weather that we were supposed to get, rain and storms, forced the move to keep the track in better shape for this upcoming weekend races...

So I was getting ready to do some training locally on the cross bike but after a short night, I woke up late to a beautiful sun! What do you know, meteorologist were wrong, that's a first! So I went to Mont-Royal aboard the Scalpel to do a few race start practices (stopped, one yellow foot on the ground then sprint for a minute followed by 10 minutes at a somewhat face/hard pace). I wasn't feeling too energized or fast but maybe that was just the intimidation knowing that I would follow the training with some riding with Andy, coming all the way from Australia to race the two canadian World Cups.

We took it easy through the little singletrack trails on the mountain so I didn't feel too bad after all. I did made a mess of my brand new shoes though... but the day-glow yellow is just too much, the dirtier the better... By the way, these are the most comfortable cycling shoes I have pedaled with, actually feeling better than most shoes, cycling, casual, jogging or whatever they are meant for.

3 comments:

Carl Buchanan said...

Shoes look good!!!! I can hardly wait for a long term review.

madskatingcow said...

Interesting shoes, how do they fit to your feet? Are they tight or pretty loose?
I was wondering since the tightening mechanism with elastic straps doesn't seem to lock your foot in place, or does it?

Dan Gerous said...

On my feet, they are just perfect. They don't feel tight and the straps might actually prevent over-tightening them so it might be the secret to their no hot-spots, numbness and slipper-like comfort but they still hold my feet well. but they aren't really elastic, they don't stretch much. So far so good.