2008/11/18

Get your boards ready



I'm in no way saying the bikes should be put to rest (they never should) but with temperatures now hanging below the freezing point, the snowboards will soon need to be dusted out, edges sharpened (or dulled if your idea of snowboarding is riding handrails downtown) and bases waxed. Jay Peak is now covered with snow and so is Bromont. By looking at pictures taken yesterday at Bromont, they are shooting snow pretty much full time.




With that, they will be opening this friday at 4PM. I have everything I need for the winter, board, boots, outerwear, helmet and my season's pass... But I'll still be riding bikes, don't worry.

4 comments:

The Jackal said...

It would be nice if I could find the time this winter to get the board out. It looks awful lonely sitting in the corner all alone.

Dan Gerous said...

Can you snowboard in Iowa or do you need to go pretty far to have big enough mountains?

The Jackal said...

We have a couple of larger "hills" that have ski runs on them within 2 hours of home. Not too bad and it lets me get my fix, not that I am really any good at it anyway. :)

Dan Gerous said...

No need to be good to enjoy it, like on bikes, having fun is the top priority in my opinion.