2008/08/17

Racing & scouting



Today is a nice day to be out racing bikes. Sunny, warm but not overly humid so this morning, I opted out of going to work and headed to the first of two XC races that are part of a six race serie held in the nice trails managed by Les Coeurs Vaillants. I'll wait for my placing to write a full review but it went much better than last week's race. I finished in 1H14 and the last finishers came in around the 2H00 mark. Bike worked well and so did the legs. I'll do the second one in three weeks and try to improve with the help of a real race bike...



The race also gave me the chance to get a sneak peek of about 95% of the loop that will be used in two weeks for the 12 hours race. Right now I'm trying to get a four person team going but so far, only one has confirmed... and he doesn't want to try it in the duo category... so if the team collapses before it even borns, maybe I'll try it solo... Not sure about that but we'll see.

Edit, finished 6th in my category so this makes it my best result ever so far.

No comments: