2008/06/01

Off the bike



Now I feel it. After racing sick last week, then a day off teaching my nephew to wash my bike, I had planned to do some intense intervals last Monday. Unfortunately, I had less energy than a snake has legs, kind of like Julien Absalon at yesterday's World Cup or DiLuca on yesterday's Giro stage. So I decided to take an easy week. I still commuted to work everyday and threw in a few easy rides but I took this weekend completely off the bike. I don't remember the last time I spent two days without riding at all but I think it's going to help in the long run and tomorrow, I'll be back, hopefully ready to crack the whip. Next planned race is a short track on June 11th. I hope I can find leg speed until then as it will be a short but fast effort, just a few days before the fourth round of the Quebec Cup.

Still no signs of the Scalpel frame so I'll either keep up racing the beast that is my Prophet or, I'm getting tempted to pick this missile in the meantime, either selling it when the Scalpel shows up, or keep it for tamer courses and trails... Sub-20 pounds is tempting, the Taurine still has a smooth rear end compared to most hardtails. I'm not sure I could find one quickly though.

Edit: Oups, couldn't resist, did 1H30 of riding finally...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pick it up Dan. I'll take it off of yer hands once the scalpel shows up, i promise ;)

Jess

Dan Gerous said...

Okay then! :)
Didn't you already have a Scalpel Team Replica?

Anonymous said...

I'm no man of just one bike.
I like my herd to be plentiful.

But no, I didn't get the TR..yet.

used2Bhard said...

I have been pleasantly surprised by my new HT. I really bought into the a FS makes you faster ideology pretty hard over the past few years, but I'm starting to rethink a bit. The Taurine might not be a bad bike to have around...

I rode with a buddy on a Scalpel 1 last night. Beautiful bike...no bob... very impressed.