2008/06/16

Apparently, I won



According to the official results from yesterday's Quebec Cup race, I finished first in my category. Now that's a surprise! Even though I was way behind on the starting grid and I had a good start, pulling up my big bike (the Taurine isn't built yet) and my small belly (damn beer!) to around mid-pack in the first long climb, I'm very surprised as major cramps hit me at the end of the first lap to almost all the way through the middle of the last and third lap. I then wanted to quit but when I finished my first lap, I didn't want to do so right in front of the people cheering us up so I got into my survival mode and just focus on doing the distance and add the miles into the legs, lungs and heart, I guess it can only do some good in the long run. With that, I finished but expected to finish last... which I probably did, an obvious error slipped into the results. The federation is on the case...

The course was great though, not too technical but still fun. Many long climbs (where I wished I had been riding the Taurine instead of the Prophet) and some rocky descents with not much flat or resting chances.

Edit: I finished 27th... currently sitting in 19th for the serie overall after doing 3 out of 4 races...

3 comments:

The Jackal said...

Not too shabby, congrats on a good race.

Dan Gerous said...

Thanks, but I'm not so happy about it. But I learned valuable things about preparation and pre-race nutrition. Now I know what not to do! :)

The Jackal said...

Learning what NOT to do is one of the most important lessons in racing. I learn more about that all the time. ;)