2008/05/02

My favorite month



May, it's the best month for a few reasons. First, it's the real spring here, April always throw us unwelcomed snow and cold days. In May, no chances of snow, what we had is pretty much melted, everything gets greener day by day, trails are opening here and there, girls take off a few layers of clothing, we can start drinking cold ones outside, have barbecues, ditch the cold weather kits to ride our bikes and many other nice things.

If you are in the US, May is also the National Bike Month. I don't need to ask you to try to use the car less and pedal more do I? Nor do I need to remind you that even if you're not in the US, you can still use the bike as much as you can.



If you are in Canada, it's the Dan Gerous Birthday month and I'll be celebrating my birthday by lining up to do the second round of the Quebec Cup XCO race in Mont-Tremblant. So this year, first time for me, May is also the month when the racing season starts. I'm split between being nervous or anxious about it, having no idea how my shape and speed racks up compared to the fellow racers I have yet to meet. I also have no clue how I will go, how I will handle starts, how will I pace myself... All I know is that my fitness wont be at 100% until late June early July and that whatever happens, fun is priority number one. Have a nice May everyone!

No comments: