2008/03/20

Spring has arrived



Well, on paper only, looking outside will make you doubt the official first day of spring is today. Still, with spring usually come a new bike season, every year you make yourself cycling goals you always end up not following but trying is the most important.

My goals this year is to get into racing, you can see the races I plan to enter on the right. Mostly XC races where I aim to, first have fun, second, finish and third, improve. Like mountain bike legend Tinker Juarez did a few years ago, I may switch to endurance events toward the end of the season. Not planned at first, I added one 12 hour and a 24 hour races to my schedule. La Grande Virée des Coeurs Vaillants might be a solo effort, I've pedaled for 12 straight hours before but not in the context of a race. The 24H Hydrapak in Sherbrooke on the other hand is a big maybe, I have to convince teamates first, I'm not sure I'm ready for a solo 24 hours yet. See you at the races.

Speaking of racing for 2008, here's this year Cannondale-Vredestein team. They each have wins under their 2008 belts already and should make their presence felt wherever they line-up to race, from the Cape Epic race in Africa to the Olympics. Good luck boys.

No comments: